Friday, August 11, 2006

home-schoolers, public-schoolers, parents, teachers, and students: Welcome to Mrs. B's Art Education blog!

Welcome from Mrs. B!

I'm creating this blog to assist people who homeschool their children to include more of the fine arts in their learning experiences. It may also be helpful for anyone who would like to infuse more of the arts into your child's public school experience. I hope you'll find this information enriching as you explore your world through everyday encounters with art. I will soon offer lesson plans which focus on multi-cultural exploration of art, while including art history, aesthetic philosophy, and art production techniques. I can also create tailor-made lesson plans for your student, based on their age, grade-level, and your geographic location. Please bookmark this blog and check back weekly to see what's new!

About Mrs. B.:

I earned my B.A. in Art Education at CSULB in 2005. I am completing my clear Single-Subject credential to teach Art in California. I am also beginning the Master's program in Art Education this Fall. I have taught to a variety of students in various settings, and create meaningful and relevant lesson plans which adhere to the California Visual And Performing Arts (VAPA) Standards - the rigorous Art Education standards upon which the national standards are based. My focus is on the Visual Arts, however I can facilitate your own exploration into Dance, Music, Film and Electronic Arts, and Theater if you request my assistance.

I am a working and producing artist. I work in Sculpture, Ceramics, 3-D media, New-Tech Art, Painting, Drawing, and Textiles. My preferred method is creating 3-D works. I will have my portfolio of works available on this blog within a few weeks.

Helpful Links:

Please visit the following sites to begin your exploration into Art Education.

California VAPA Framework
National Art Education Association
California Art Education Association
CSULB College of the Arts
CSULB Department of Art
The J. Paul Getty Museum, Art Ed
P.S.Arts
Art Daily Magazine

CONTACT:

I welcome your questions and feedback. You may contact me via e-mail at:
Mrs.Bs-art-education@hotmail.com


Note: ALL information and links provided from this blog and subsequent issues are for educational purposes only. Please do not use copyrighted imagery without the consent of the image owner.
All lesson plans authored by Mrs. B are the expressed intellectual property of Stephanie T. Butler unless otherwise noted. Use of Mrs. B's lesson plans without Stephanie T. Butler's permission or failure of citation is considered intellectual theft and constitutes academic fraud.
Plaigarism is theft: what lessons will you teach our students?

No comments: