Sunday, May 31, 2009

from 5/13

5/13
The end of my second year is approaching. While going from traditional media to a digital media has not yet happened this year, the return to traditional media was great. I was able to experiment a little with my curriculum and pedagogy. In reflection, the risks I took really paid off; the student work demonstrated real growth and learning. I also really got to explore and utilize technology each and every day in the classroom.
The summer break will be eight weeks of time with my sonwhich I am thrilled about! I'll also take on a student's challenge of completing a painting a week, and filming it for YouTube demonstrations. I am also excited to be creating some podcasts and vodcasts for the classroom lessons.
Using YouTube in the classroom to demonstrate has been really helpful this year. Demonstrating drawing on teh SMARTboard has also been invaluable. I have access to the Senteo response devices (little remote controls for the students to answer your own multiple-choice tests that you create within the program) however, it hasn't yet fit the way I have taught... changes are underway.

No comments: