For those of us whom have multiple e-mail accounts; hotmail, work, professional society accounts, etc. Most e-mail services are now allowing you to import your e-mail from other accounts, and to send from your original account too!
This is probably old news for many people, but it became a great help for me today. I have 100mb available on my work account. Inbox, Sent Mail, and anything sent to the Deleted folder - it can all only total 100mb. E-mails from parents and/or students can be legal documents - and you never know when they will be necessary!
I signed up for a gMail account from google. This is the e-mail google offers, and you no longer need to be invited to join. My hotmail accounts, and work accounts are now forwarded to there, where e-mail isn't deleted, but archived! I also have 8000mb for use with all my e-mails. At the end of each semester, I can archive the work e-mail and burn a back-up disk, whereas I did not have the ability to do that from our work e-mail system.
Of course, of course, all this is limited in most schools by a very strict firewall and highly limited access to the internet. However, if you do have the access and ability, make it easier on yourself!
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
legal documents and gMail
Labels:
Art,
Art Education,
art. artist,
artist,
classroom,
curriculum,
digital media,
Education,
gmail,
Google Docs,
high school,
teacher,
teaching,
technology,
Thinkfinity
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment