I'm almost ready to start. I have so much to write, and more to rewrite. I can feel myself procrastinating - taking care of other diversions, (mostly related to the work).
And then I look around at my home, how could I possibly begin paperwork when the dishes need to be washed, and there's vacuuming to do? It can wait. DH can do it.
He's astonished. When he student-taught in English (same University, similar requirements in English as for Art), his supervisor never met weekly on campus. She rarely saw him in the classroom - maybe once while actually teaching. It turns out she's got Alzheimers. He got away with a lot - academic murder we'll call it, even though he wanted the support and help. He thinks it's astonishing that I have to rewrite Master Teacher's Lesson Plans to adhere to our university format, and to the state VAPA standards. What do I think? I'm too busy to let it get to me - much. I don't have time to worry - DH can do that too.
As long as he does his griping about my work away from me, I won't get sucked into the whirlpool of stress. I have had to ask my darling to not tell me how 'bad' I have it. I can deal, I can do it, but I can't soothe my own worries along with his AND get it done. The sweetie is grocery shopping AND doing laundry to give me time to complete my work. Thanks so much for letting me complete my field journal here in this format.
I'll be writing some of my journal as drafts, and probably not publishing them here. There are confidentiality issues to deal with, and my kids are already trying to find my MySpace page.
Typing is still difficult with the nerve/muscle pain in my left hand. Maybe all the typing exercise will alleviate it - or exacerbate it. Ah well. I've got one chance to do it now, and I know a great physical therapist at the University.
It's time to climb Mt. Writemore.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment