Friday, February 16, 2007

Transition time

In all three classes, my projects are wrapping up. We are critiquing today in two classes, and waiting for a final glaze-fire in the third.

Mt. Writemore seems completeable, but I do still feel overwhelmed by the paperwork. I prefer to do most of my typing and paperwork, then save and e-mail it in: to myself, to my Master Teacher, to my University Supervisors, etc. The firewall at the school will not allow me to access my e-mail at all. It's been a challenge having a school-based e-mail account assigned to me, too. I am finding that I will have to do most of my typing at home, or at the University's computer lab. I have a little one at home, he loves the computer. This may present another challenge.

I also have my word processing software as free-ware. It is not the standard brand-name software, but is mostly compatible with everyone else's platforms. I have the brand name on an old computer, but it is out-dated and I cannot transfer it to the new computer.

It may come to this: I may have to schlep the Mac Mini with me to the school, and keep an eagle eye on it: even wear it as a necklace, or something. (sigh) I love my students, but things go missing. I can't afford to lose the data I have.

In the meantime, I steal moments on the home computer, and finish up on the blessings of three-day weekends.

No comments: