I almost forgot that I post here every so often. The idea struck me today that professional educators - teachers whom have been teaching for thier entire lives - may actually be people who are addicted to jumping through hoops.
I don't know that the current state of educational hoop-titude has been at this level ever in the history of public education. Is this a result of the NCLB and the current swing of the pendulum in the field of education? Aside from greater graduation rates, can some measurable amount of benefit - real, tangible benefit - arise from it all? Are teachers teaching thinking and creating?
The system of public education seems a bit fatigued: the students, the teachers, the admin., the parents, and all involved in the machinery that goes into this system of education and culturization. Maybe it's just October, and I have sunk into the October slump, as have my colleagues, and the parents, and the students... or maybe I just need a good nap.
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
it's been a while, so...
Labels:
Art,
Art Education,
high school,
public education,
public schools,
teaching
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment