The VW Bus is in the shop, engine excised and soon to be crated and shipped back to California. The irony is killing me. However, I'll be receiving a brand new long block engine, scrapping the EFI system, going to dual carbs, and ditching the CA Smog stuff. The fuel efficiency will increase, as will the horsepower. My new mechanic says I won't have to worry about the oil temps out here with the Long-block, but I'm considering purchasing and installing an oil temp sensor just as a precaution. I am committed to the 'forever car' notion.
Hubby has his new for him forever truck: a '72 International Harvester Scout II. He sure does love it.
A recent visait with old friends helped a bunch, We're also settling in with Doctor appointments, trips to 'nearby' arts communities, and readying for the Thanksgiving holiday. I hope to see some of my family, and go "back home" - I never thought I would say "go back home". Now I'm using the same transplant jargon that I've heard others use my entire life - living in the fertile ground where most transplants go to.
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment