There's only so much one person can do, and there are only so many people in a small town. Subtract the number of people who have a computer, subtract further those who know how to network a computer, and then divide that by the number of people who understand the Mac, and its creative capabilities - in a school with less than 550 students. Then cut the budget by half, because the enrollment is down at the lower grades, so six teachers will be jobless next year.
Tech support needs support. That's a dangerous situation to be in... for the techies, for the teachers, and the students are just not understanding how much they're getting shafted. They're too busy lurking on Myspace - but not in my classroom!
Sometimes, when I see the paycheck and realize that both of us teaching here nets only 600 a month more than just hubby teaching in California... and that 600 and more goes to pay for daycare... ; when the expectations on teachers go beyond what is expected in any other larger school; ... when it takes six weeks to get an hour-long tech job near completion - but not complete; when both cars die in the heat; ...I wonder if it's worth the move. Nevermind the vapid absence of creativity.
I have not yet made up my mind. I just don't have enough information to decide yet.
This is a strange place, indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for people to know.
Post a Comment