Wednesday, September 19, 2007

personal time

Hubby and I are taking a personal day, and boy do we need it. Time needs to be taken just to be a person. Personal Days. :-)

I have no idea where the day will take us. I'm afraid it will end too soon - but I am elated we're taking a day away from everything that is demanded of us. This is wonderful.

Amidst all the demands, the muse has decided to visit. She is just beyond my reach - like a word on the tip of the tongue. I find myself reaching out for the charcoal and pastels, but held back by the reality of time and demands. This is a fortunate problem. I like to marinade in ideas, and flesh some things out in my head when there are too many ideas flooding forth. I know that once I'm ready, I'll draw, paint, and build as if I were consumed by the drive to do so.

It's a great feeling. I'm beginning to see the spark in others, in my students, and I'm seeing with that sense of wonder and imagination.

Now for a bubble bath, painted toenails, a sketch or two, and time to be a person.

No comments: